experiential learning exercises using innovative and advanced energy constellation formats.
Courage Academy is a multiple month certificate program in Integrative Philosophies and Practices. In a cohort group of between 8 and 12 participants, you will work with course leaders in a hybrid format. Some of the learning experiences will be at-a-distance using online and telephone connections.
Experiential learning will take place in four in-person sessions that will meet in Fairfax, Virginia. Each workshop session of three-and- half days will provide invaluable opportunities for support and learning with others.
Throughout this multi-month process, you will engage these time-tested methods of inquiry:
- Meditation and mindfulness practices. You will continue the meditative practices you have done in the past with PTCI … and broaden your understanding and array of practices.
- Ideals and intentionality. There is always more to learn and experience about who you are at your core ….and, what you most deeply aspire to be.
- Dreams and dreaming are powerful modes of inquiry that you engage in every night – but usually with forgotten results. You will learn methods to engage dreaming as an indispensable method of knowing.
- Practices to experiment with for deepening spirituality and awareness. Your own life will become an intentional research project to know yourself more deeply.
- You will study some of the most impactful teachings of key wisdom traditions, as well as supportive research evidence.
- You will experience advanced constellation formats, integrating your body wisdom, emotional intelligence, and intuition with conceptual learning.
- Electronic “conference call” meetings of the cohort with instructors – either by phone conference call or an online internet platform.
- A one-on- one mentoring session between each session with a course leader. As important and valuable as our group work surely is to our personal transformation, this kind of individual one-on- one mentoring and guidance is a crucial component to the certificate program.
- Four face-to- face workshops of three-and- a-half days each. All in-person workshops will be held in the Fairfax, Virginia, starting on a Friday afternoon and running through mid-afternoon on a Monday.
You will start with a focus on Knowing the Mind. You will study some of the most useful models of the human mind, and you will explore how to understand states of consciousness and your relationship to the unconscious parts of yourself.
Knowing the Body will be the second avenue of exploration. You will learn about the wisdom of the body and the deepest potentials of the mind-body connection. Your study and practices will engage not just the physical, material body but also the subtle bodies and how they can be integrated to make possible the embodiment of the spirit.
Your third phase of the certificate program will center on Knowing the Soul. You will examine the wisdom traditions that speak about the middle ground between the infinite spirit and the finite body: the human soul. What are the tasks of “soul-making” and how do integrative philosophies and practices allow you to wisely walk that path?
The fourth and final portion of the eight-month program focuses on Integration and Wholeness. How can you take the insights of self-knowledge from the first three segments and fashion a new way of seeing and knowing yourself in the world – ready and able to live what you are called to be doing with your gifts and talents.
The workshop intensives schedule for the 2017 cohort are listed below. Each workshop is followed by online learning together for seven weeks in order to apply and deepen what has been accomplished in the workshop. And, each workshop intensive will begin on a Friday at 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., and continue on Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 9:30 until 5:30 each day.
Session 1 – May 26 – 29, 2017
Session 2 – July 21 – 24, 2017
Session 3 – September 22 – 25, 2017
Session 4 – TBD by the cohort
( $800 per session)
Practical matters: The cohort group will be limited to 12 participants, and we ask that each participant make a commitment to the full certificate program. Tuition is $800 per segment, which can be paid as one amount of $3,200 for the whole program; or, as an installment payment ($800) two weeks before each residential session begins.
For those who would like to continue after earning this certificate, we plan to offer a second certificate program as an optional add-on: an 18-month program in Integrative Mentoring and Guidance.