In this certificate program, you will study and apply the best of ancient and modern wisdom about the mind-body-soul connection. However, this certificate program is not merely intellectual study: the emphasis will be upon how the philosophies and practices of transformation can be applied to your current life opportunities and challenges.
Throughout this multi-month process, you will engage these time-tested methods of inquiry:
- Meditation and mindfulness practices. You will continue the meditative practices you have done in the past with PTCI … and broaden your understanding and array of practices.
- Ideals and intentionality. There is always more to learn and experience about who you are at your core ….and, what you most deeply aspire to be.
- Dreams and dreaming are powerful modes of inquiry that you engage in every night – but usually with forgotten results. You will learn methods to engage dreaming as an indispensable method of knowing.
- Practices to experiment with for deepening spirituality and awareness. Your own life will become an intentional research project to know yourself more deeply.
- You will study some of the most impactful teachings of key wisdom traditions, as well as supportive research evidence.
You will start with a focus on Knowing the Mind. You will study some of the most useful models of the human mind, and you will explore how to understand states of consciousness and your relationship to the unconscious parts of yourself.
Knowing the Body will be the second avenue of exploration. You will learn about the wisdom of the body and the deepest potentials of the mind-body connection. Your study and practices will engage not just the physical, material body but also the subtle bodies and how they can be integrated to make possible the embodiment of the spirit.
Your third phase of the certificate program will center on Knowing the Soul. You will examine the wisdom traditions that speak about the middle ground between the infinite spirit and the finite body: the human soul. What are the tasks of “soul-making” and how do integrative philosophies and practices allow you to wisely walk that path?
Learning Methods include:
- Online lessons. Each session will include several modules about the concepts and principles to be explored during those twelve weeks.
- Audio and video presentations. Some of the modules will have videos or short audio-streamed experiences, such as guided meditation experiences.
- Worksheets. Some of the modules will include specific written exercises, best done by simply down-loading the worksheet from the Internet, printing it out, and then writing about your personal experiences on the printed worksheet.
- Other web sites to visit and learn from. There will be several instances in which you will be directed to specific Internet web sites for additional reading or for practical exercises to do online.
- Postings about your own experiences. You can decide how much you would like to share during each module. You can also post questions that you would like Wendy Rains to respond to or that you would like to pose to the entire cohort group.
- A one-on-one mentoring session will be offered by Mary Elizabeth Lynch three times during the multi-month program. This kind of individual one-on-one mentoring and guidance is a crucial component to the certificate program.
Each session is twelve weeks long. During the twelve weeks there will be a suggested timeline to follow, but ultimately we encourage you to study the material at a pace that is comfortable for you.
Courage Academy – Online
( can be paid as one amount for the whole program; or, in installments over the course of the program. )